Hello and Welcome~

Grab your favorite cup of Joe and pull up a chair, relax and enjoy. Please feel free to comment or leave a message. I look forward to talking with you!

Pslam 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat at my flesh, they stumbled and fell, though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, and a war shall rise against me, in this will I be confident."


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Prayer at the Pole!

Today in St. Louis, we are having "Prayer at the Pole." This is where the kids meet (mostly high school) at the flag pole and pray for their school, their teachers and our country. I listen to our christain radio station Joy FM. We, here in St. Louis, are so blessed to have this station filtering throughout our city. They are said to be the fastest growing radio station in St. Louis.
It was wonderful to listen to the kids talk about who is showing up, how many are showing up (great turn out), and what is on their hearts and minds. God has to be smiling.
I am not sure if everyone likes contemporary christian music. I LOVE it! There was an article on CNN about how this genre is the fastest growing music. It is filled with great music, lyrics and a positive message. What is not to like??
Thank you Lord for allowing our city to be blessed to have this radio station. Also what is amazing is this station is owned by us. The people. It is from the contributions of people that keep this station going. Not some big wig business man that can take it out from under us.
I am sitting here getting ready to read Devotion Carnival on Rachel Olsens blog sipping my pumpkin spice latte. Simple pleasures right? Those are what help make up a blessed life.
Heavenly Father, thank you for showing us the important of Simple Pleasures. It helps up to see how truly blessed we all are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment