Hello and Welcome~

Grab your favorite cup of Joe and pull up a chair, relax and enjoy. Please feel free to comment or leave a message. I look forward to talking with you!

Pslam 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat at my flesh, they stumbled and fell, though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, and a war shall rise against me, in this will I be confident."


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sister Friends!

At the ripe ole' age of 43 I am just now learning what a true friend is. Sad isn't it? Webster's definition is
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. A person who is on good terms with another; a personwho is not hostile. Seems kind of cold to me.
I had one of those day's yesterday. One of those days where I cry and cry and I don't know why. Nothing too earth shattering. I have had worse days and I didn't shed a tear. I know I have a great friend who I have not been able to talk to and I was missing them. So one of my friends ( A sister in Christ), was here for me. All she had to do was ask what was wrong with the Love of Christ in her eyes and I let it all out. I didn't even know what I was holding in. I do that, I am a suppressor. There is a song by Nicole C Mullin where she sings, "I got a sister friend (Who loves me) I'm crying and whining again. She lets me vent my heart, before the healing starts." That is a trait of a great "Sister Friend". One who will let you vent your heart and then...allow the healing to start.
I am truly blessed in my life with wonderful Sister Friends. We learn from each other. We encourage each other. We make mistakes and still love each other.
Thank you Lord for Sister's in Christ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment