Hello and Welcome~

Grab your favorite cup of Joe and pull up a chair, relax and enjoy. Please feel free to comment or leave a message. I look forward to talking with you!

Pslam 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat at my flesh, they stumbled and fell, though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, and a war shall rise against me, in this will I be confident."


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stand Tough In Love

One of the hardest things for me as a parent is to stand tough in Love. My oldest son is 22 and we are at the age there I am going to have to start cutting the apron strings. I remember when my mom did this for me. I was living on my own but still going to mom and dad when I needed extra cash. I would over spend during the week and ask them to help the rest of the week. I was about 22 at the time. I remember my mom being consistent each time in telling me "No." I was angry at that time but it was the best thing she could have done. I had to learn to support myself and budget on my own.
I am thinking we are at this point with Tyler. For the first time I did it this week. I told him "No." He was not happy. Actually he was angry. Stormed out of the house and walked on foot to....I don't know where. He never came home that night. Probably teaching me a lesson. But I had peace about it. I surrendered Tyler to Jesus a long time ago. Tyler's journey in life is riddled with mountains and valleys. By his own choosing. If I did not surrender him to Christ, I would have been stressed out and anxiety ridden years ago. So for my own health and peace, I laid him at the cross of Christ.
The next day I texted him and he was safe. He stayed at a friends house.
But personally, I felt great! I did what was so hard for me to do previously. I loved him enough to tell him "No."
Lord keep giving me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment