Hello and Welcome~

Grab your favorite cup of Joe and pull up a chair, relax and enjoy. Please feel free to comment or leave a message. I look forward to talking with you!

Pslam 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat at my flesh, they stumbled and fell, though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, and a war shall rise against me, in this will I be confident."


Monday, September 27, 2010

A Typical Mom!

We have all been there. The feeling of tiredness, feeling of unappreciated. Typical "mom feeling." Completely strung out and being pulled in all directions. This was my Sunday. To the point where at the end of the day, getting ready for bed, I cried to the Lord. He let me go on and on and then peace washes all over me.
It is tough being a mom today, very tough being a single mom. I don't have it as bad as most single mothers. My ex-husband will do all he can to help with the running of the children. For that I am grateful! But yesterday was crazy. Five teenagers going in different directions. Only one of them is driving. Driving to and from church twice, unexpected guest in need in the afternoon, groceries in the morning before church, driving friends home from church, driving one to work and back. Then ending the day with an intense bible study that I am two weeks behind on.
So I am going to take the advice of Pollyanna and play the Glad Game! I am glad that my children love church so much that they want to move in! I am glad that my son has a job to drive to. I am glad that my home felt comfortable enough for people to stop by and spend time in a home that is trying to serve the Lord. I am glad for a relationship with God to cry to Him at night. I am glad for a good nights sleep.
There. I feel so much better.
Here is to all you mother's out there. I life my cup of Folger's to you!! You go girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment