Hello and Welcome~

Grab your favorite cup of Joe and pull up a chair, relax and enjoy. Please feel free to comment or leave a message. I look forward to talking with you!

Pslam 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat at my flesh, they stumbled and fell, though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, and a war shall rise against me, in this will I be confident."


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sisterhood!

I remember the day like it was yesterday. I had just found out that my husband had been having an affair. I had for small children at home and my 13 year marriage had ended. I didn't know what to do or where to go. I pray you have not been in that situation before but if you had, you know that feeling. You cannot think, you cannot feel. You are in a state of shock. But you still have to be a mommy to the little ones without them realizing what had just happened to their family.
My son Tyler had a best friend name Jimmy. Jimmy's mom (Angela) and I had become the closest of friends. Words do not describe the love I have for this woman. Looking back I cannot tell you how Angela came to my house or why she came to my house that night. But she was there. She held me as I cried. She prayed as I mourned. I kept saying over and over "What am I going to do?" and she gave me the best advice I still follow to this day, ten years later. She said, "When you don't know what to do, don't to anything."
I cannot tell you the relief I had over that. She told me that it's ok to not do anything. As a mother you feel like you have to fix this for the children. You have to make this better somehow and maintain the happy household you thought you had hours before.
She reminded to me to mourn my loss and I have a right to do that. She was there all night for me. She came back the next day and took care of me and my children during this time.
Now, ten years later both of our lives have changed. We don't get to see each other as much. We always say we need to plan time together and visit but we can never get our schedules to work. The other day my son had to go to the Emergency Room because he was hit in the head with a ball. We wanted to get it checked out so we ran to the ER. There standing in the ER was Angela. She was working as a nurse at the hospital. We saw each other, ran into each other's arms, and cried and cried. It felt so good to see her. She felt like home to me. The bond we have created will never be broken no matter how many years we go without seeing each other. I love her with all my heart.
John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lays down his life for his friends.
Visit Rachel Olsen's blog to read all about the devotion carnival!!
Praise God for Sisterhood!!

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of friendship... how glorifying to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a David/Jonathan type friendship!! What a true blessing to have. Old friends who know you well are like a refreshing spring breeze. Hope you get to see each other more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin,

    What a great friend you have in Angela. I have been thinking about you and your other friend lately, praying for her, she has a great friend in you as well. Peace and blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your honesty is a blessing. Sounds like God provided the friend you needed at the exact time you needed her. That is so like God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you describe your friend as feeling "like home" to you. True friends in Christ really do take a place in our hearts as family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. God's gifts always come at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robin,

    Glad you had a sister to help you in times of need.

    God knows definitely what's best for you.

    Sweet blessings

    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  8. True friends are like home! Thanks for sharing and stopping by! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful friendship! You are right there is just such a bond that forms with our friends that have held our hand and encouraged us through the darkest times. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Caroline, I love your line that she felt like home to you. That's the Yahweh Sisterhood! Great post.

    Sweet Blessings ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin,

    Your post brought tears to my eyes. Your friendship with Angela is what I call a heart friendship. No matter how long it is since you have last seen each other you can pick up right where you left off like no time as gone by. I am blessed to have a friend like that too. God is so good to give us friends like that.

    ReplyDelete