Hello and Welcome~

Grab your favorite cup of Joe and pull up a chair, relax and enjoy. Please feel free to comment or leave a message. I look forward to talking with you!

Pslam 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat at my flesh, they stumbled and fell, though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, and a war shall rise against me, in this will I be confident."


Monday, July 18, 2011

Excess!

Ok, I admit it. I am a major purse junkie. I don't know why.  They get thrown around, tossed, have drinks spilled on them. In my closet I have this laundry basket full of purses. I was running out of room so my daughter's had the bright idea of handing them on my wall. Like you would see in a store.  So you walk into my room and see the purses hanging on my wall.

The Lord has been talking to me about excess. "Why all the purses Robin?" 

"Well Lord, they are cute and I get bored with one after awhile and I grab another.  You know, to change it up a bit.  And in the store some are really cute and that 'Gotta Have' mentality kicks in."

I don't think the Lord was impressed with my reasoning but he already knew what my answer would be. This was a lesson for me. My answer sounded flat even to me. Questions came to me, "Is it necessary?" Well no. "Can you use more than one purse at a time?" Well no.

Have you even been in your walk when the Lord to you to get rid of excess? You know, that test where you are obedient or not. So, I sat down on my bedroom floor and went through all my purses. Donated all by three. Good bye Gucci, Coach, Dooney and Burke. They were donated to this ministry in St Louis that gives clothes, purses, shoes etc, away to those in need.

After I heard the stories of the reactions of those purses, I have learned, it was well worth it. I would do it again all over.

Does that mean I can go buy a new Coach, so I can give it away in the future? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment