Hello and Welcome~

Grab your favorite cup of Joe and pull up a chair, relax and enjoy. Please feel free to comment or leave a message. I look forward to talking with you!

Pslam 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat at my flesh, they stumbled and fell, though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, and a war shall rise against me, in this will I be confident."


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Servants Heart

I will be honest and say that I have two lives. One that I am living and one that I am drawn to. The one that I am living is working in an upscale community, with money making business professionals. And the other is ministering to the homeless along the Mississippi River. This is where my heart is. Ministering to upscale professionals is HARD. Harder than ministering to the homeless and drug users. The people in Tent City (homeless city in St Louis along the Mississippi), their hearts are hard but not prideful.  They will listen and accept love. Especially since they never get it. Professionals, their hearts are hard and prideful. Thinking they don't need God or love. Because its accessable and they choose not to partake of it. 

Professionals have their demons to fight but they can mask it by attenting counseling sessions and easy accesses to optional help instead of going to the Cross.

The other day I was talking to a Professional who is a Christain.  He facilitates bible studies at his church.  He was disturbed about having this women come into his class. This women makes bad decisions, while not yet divorced brought a man into her home with children. Apparently she makes very bad choices and when they tell her how the bible reads on these issues (tough love they call it) she balks (go figure) and they get upset because she is not cooperating.

The only thing I said to him was..."then your bible study is the perfect place for her. I mean...that is why we are here right?"  He rolls his eyes and says yes but he kept going on about the frustration of even having her around. My heart broke. He forgot the whole reason why we are here. Not to sit around with posh posh christians and debate theology. But to go out and minister to the broken hearted. Lord, how can we forget that? Please God, don't ever let me forget that.

After a lengthly conversation he admitted that is what he needed to do. Minister as long as it takes but he was not happy about it. How can we forget why we are here. Have we been so diluted? Is there really such a thing called Americanized Christianity?

4 comments:

  1. I come by to visit you via one of our blogging buddies at http://heartofthehome-blog.blogspot.com/. I enjoyed browsing your blog and reading your great post.. We would like to invite you to stop by and visit us when you have a moment. Have a blessed day, and hope to see you soon.. God Bless you and yours..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I loved your blog. You had so many wonderful things listed. I really liked the "I AM." My God Bless you both on your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin,

    So glad you are writing a blog again, I have been checking out your other blog and stumbled across this one. These are some great words you wrote, words to think about. I wonder how mayn of us are living two lives, the lives we live and the lives we are drawn to live, howmany of us are living the lives Jesus created us to live, how many of us hide our demons behind a mask rather than facing them.

    Blessings to you Robin,

    Kandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI KANDI!!!
    Its so good to see you again.
    That is a great question. God has been taking the blinders off my eyes as to how my life has been in the past. How I would not see beyond my own little world. How a servants heart is what we were meant to have. Giving to those less fortunate for the Glory of the Lord.
    It just seems to me that we are missing it here in America. Where did we go wrong? We are spoiled, I believe. Too many distractions. I think we need to scale it back and take inventory of our lives.

    ReplyDelete